Friday, February 18, 2011

McAfee, are you for real ?

This is a follow up to my previous post about downloaddirect.com.

It seems that I missed it last time, they even show a "McAfee Secure" badge. I couldn't find a McAfee free tool to scan their files with, but I have scanned with Microsoft's Security Essentials (yeah, I know, that's not necessarily trustworthy) and with F-secure's online file scan.




Yet, McAfee SiteAdvisor says its safe:



Once again, that's not the place to download your free software.

That software is free anyway, and you can download it cleanly from their original providers.

It's not even adware supported software, as in commercial, paid for software, which you can use for free as long as your watch their ads.

Check out the previous post to see where you should be actually downloading.

0 comments: