Monday, May 9, 2011

Why is yahoo.com/mail Trending on Google Trends ??!

First off, what is Google Trends. 

Google Trends analyzes Google web searches to computes how many searches have been done for the terms you enter, relative to the total number of searches done on Google over time, you are then presented with a graph of the results – called Search Volume Index graph. 

Google Trends is only available in English and in Chinese
Hot Searches is only available in English, but region specific information for Singapore and India are also available. My Google Trends is U.S. region related.

On the landing page of Google Trends, other than the search box, there is the list of  Hot Searches, which are the ... Hot Searches probably updated in real time.

I check  Google Trends almost on a daily basis, I've found interesting things and even updated myself with the news. I was just checking it again today, and I saw yahoo.com/mail is treding ... !? Umm, wtf ? I know people are lazy, and don't even try to remember the URL and type it in the search box, but still, how did that send it on the third spot of Google Trends !?
I'm still wondering. Maybe yahoo made some interface changes, though my yahoo mail looks the same. And even with some changes, how dazzled can you be ? What's up with you people !?

0 comments: